Saturday 2nd September
-12:00 Meeting at the Grimsel Pass, picnic lunch together by the lake
-13:00 - 14:00 Introduction of workshop to participants and transfer to hotel
-14:30 - 16:30 Photographic sessions
-16:30 - 17:30 Transfer to a different location and photographic session
-17:30 - 20:30 Sunset photography session
-21:00 - 22:00 Back to the hotel. Dinner
Sunday 3rd September
-05:50 Meeting at the entry of hotel. Magical light awaits us!
-06:15 - 08:30 Dawn and sunrise photographic session
-09:00 Breakfast at our hotel
-10:30 - 12:00 Critique session with Adobe Lightroom
-12:30 - 13:00 Transfer to new photographic area
-13:15 - 14:15 Picnic and coffee
-14:30 - 16:00 Small trek and photographic session
A few days after the workshop
Online video of 1.5 hours where we will analyze photographs taken by the participants during the workshop, giving feedback and constructive criticism. You will also see what your workshop colleagues photographed.
Included and excluded
- Photographic Tuition with Master Hasselblad fine art photographer Rafael Rojas
- Support and assistance on the field by Anca Minican
- Night at a charming mountain hotel in double room (shared)
- Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast
- On-line feedback video with images review after the workshop
- Transport (car pooling suggested)
- Picnics for Saturday and Sunday lunches
- Drinks at the hotel
- Accident and Health insurance
All photographic levels, from beginners to advanced photographers are welcome.
Easy to Normal. We will walk along mountain trails and rocks. Maximum walking distance of 1+1 km. Maximum denivelation of 100 m.
580 CHF (Swiss Francs) VAT incl.
Single Occupancy Supplement
Due to the logistical limitations in terms of accommodation, no single occupancy option is available for this workshop
Full payment to secure your place at the time of booking.
Should you need to cancel this workshop, the following fees apply:
- 31 days or more before the departure date: No cancellation fees
- 30 days or less before the departure date:100% cancellation fee
Number of People
Very small group limited from 4 (minimum) to 6 (maximum). This number includes photographers and non-photographing partners / companions.
Logistics and Transportation
To provide more affordable prices and a bigger flexibility, transportation is at your expense. However, car-sharing amongst the participants will be organized. If you cannot find a transportation mean, let us know please.
Non photographing spouses / partners
Non-photographing spouses and partners are welcome on this workshop. Even though the dinner conversations will certainly revolve around photography, all locations visited will allow non-photographing partners and spouses to discover and fully enjoy the beauty of the landscape. They can also stay at the lovely hotels or mountain huts we normally select for our workshops. Same rates apply.
The official languages for our workshops are French and/or English. If you speak any of those languages, that will be enough! We will use one of those languages or the two of them for our general tutorials. Then, as most of the teaching takes place on an individual basis, we will use whichever language the participant prefers. A certain international composition of the group might be expected, with all the fun and wonderful implications that brings!
It is a condition of booking that you disclose any medical conditions you might have, including allergies or special nutritional requirements. This is essential as it may affect both your own and other people’s enjoyment of the workshop and will allow us to understand the implications.
All participants must be in possession of Health and Accident Insurance (with repatriation cover) valid in the place and date where and when the workshop will take place.
To bring with you!
- Lenses (wide angle, normal, tele... whatever you have!)
- Tripod (compulsory!)
- Filters: Polarizer (highly recommended) Neutral density, Graduated neutral density (bring them if you have them)
- Batteries and charger
Non Photographic Gear:
- Comfortable boots-shoes for trekking, with a good gripping sole (we might walk over slightly slippery rocks)
- Warm clothing! 3 layers recommended: thermal underwear + fleece jacket or down jacket + hard shell (wind-rain shell)
- Sun glasses, solar cream and hat
- Picnics for saturday and sunday lunch. We will eat outdoors, weather permitting
- 1.5 l bottle of water
- Headtorch recommended
- Great mood and will to learn!!